7 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 9:18 AM by TSGal

PHP Site Assistant fails to complete

Sinclair

Summary

PHP Site Assistant fails to complete

Description of the issue

I have been trying for months to use the PHP Site Assistant, but I've never had any luck getting it done.  I can connect to the database, select a layout group and establish they type of site, but it always gets hung up on that add record page - it never displays the fields.  The system is horribly slow, which I have heard from various sources, so I've even tried to just let it sit and think overnight... but still nothing.  Am I crazy, or does somebody have a suggestion for me?

• 1. Re: PHP Site Assistant fails to complete
          rmanook

Hi Sinclair,

Thanks for posting!  And no, I don't think you're crazy:smileyvery-happy:

I am, however, having trouble producing the issue here.  This is what I'm doing:

1.  No users are connected to any databases (for testing purposes)

2.  Launching the FileMaker Server Admin Console

3.  Start Page > PHP Site Assistant > Start PHP Site Assistant

4.  Choosing the FileMaker Server Sample database

5.  Selecting a Layout

6.  Clicking on Browse Record, Add Record, Edit Record, etc.

I'm sure we are not far off from how we are proceeding through the Site Assistant, but there are a few things we can verify.  If you haven't already, try the FileMaker Server Sample database just to rule out any possible database issues.  As a note, my Server is running FileMaker's PHP (I'm not sure if you chose to run your own PHP version during the Server install) on Mac 10.5.

As another test, I would also try the Test Page > PHP Test page and see if that will come up without any issue. 

Let me know how everything worked out!

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: PHP Site Assistant fails to complete
            Sinclair

Thanks for your quick response!!!

Your punchlist is effectively exactly what I've been trying, except with my own database, not the filemaker server example.  I am not using my own server, rather a hosted flemaker service (Datatrium.com), but they have verified that everything is working. 

I have run the various php test, and everything works out OK according the test results.

I would like to try to connect to the test database, however, it is not listed as one of the database options.  Is there a trick to accessint the sample database?

• 3. Re: PHP Site Assistant fails to complete
              rmanook

Hi Sinclair,

The FileMaker Server Sample database is an example database that comes with FileMaker Server and sits in the Database > Sample folder.  But it's okay if the FileMaker Server Sample is not listed.  We can achieve the same result by creating a brand new test database.  

Create a new database, choose an example template, verify the database has access to PHP in Extended Privileges, and then host the file. Choose to connect to this new database in the PHP Site Assistant and re-create the issue.  

This should give us a fair idea if the solution is causing any issues.  Btw, did you get the 'page hanging' when choosing 'Browse Record' or 'Edit Record' in the PHP Site Assistant with the original database?

Thanks!

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: PHP Site Assistant fails to complete
                osm

I confirm this bug;  FileMaker PHP site assistant has been observed by us to hang as it proceeds to load the step where the FM fields are listed.

• 5. Re: PHP Site Assistant fails to complete
                  Sinclair

Thanks for confirming this bug... I thought I was going nuts and have all but given up on the FMP PHP concept!!!  I have never been able to get this thing to work.  It's a great idea and a tremendous add to the FMP arsenal, if only it worked.  Oh well... maybe in FMP 10.

• 6. Re: PHP Site Assistant fails to complete
                    Crispin

Well guess what I'm having this problem with FMPA 11. There must be something about my setup as surely I'd have heard of this issue before if it was widespread.

Crispin

• 7. Re: PHP Site Assistant fails to complete
                      TSGal

Crispin:

Thank you for your post.

What operating system?  What version?  You may want to provide a bit more information.  Look at the first post on the Report a bug board:

http://forum-en.filemaker.com/t5/Report-a-bug/How-to-report-product-issues-to-FileMaker/td-p/2150

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.