1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2010 3:03 PM by TSGal

PHP Site Assistant Logout and Back button (Safari) not ending session

fmdataweb

Summary

PHP Site Assistant Logout and Back button (Safari) not ending session

Description of the issue

I've just noticed that if you create a site with the PHP Site Assistant, when you click the Logout.php page link you are logged out. However you are then able to click the Back button in the Safari web browser which takes you to the previous page which should require authentication. This is not happening with Internet Explorer v8 but is happening with Safari v5 on Mac OS X 10.6.3 and on the iPhone (latest OS). Tested with PHP Site Assistant FileMaker Server v10.0v2Safari v5 Mac OS X 10.6.3 Steps to reproduce the problem:Create a site using the PHP Site Assistant. Load site on to your web server and login and navigate site successfully. Click the logout link to logout. Now click the back button and you will see the contents of the previous page without being required to login again/authenticate. This is also happening on Safari on the iPhone (3GS, iOS 3.1.3). This does not happen with IE 8 on Windows XP SP3.

• 1. Re: PHP Site Assistant Logout and Back button (Safari) not ending session
          TSGal

stevej:

Thank you for your post.

This is a the function with the browser and not FileMaker.  Even with this forum, enter information into a reply but do not post, if you press the back button with IE8, and then move forward again, your entry is gone.  However, with Safari, you are able to go back and come forward again and see your entry.  I know this is not the same, but If I log out of this forum and press the back button, I see the previous information in Safari, but not with IE8.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.