Summary

Please abort Find on FileMaker Server hosted Files when Client Cancels

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Mac or Windows

Description of the issue

When performing a find on a hosted solution on FileMaker Server with a client, if you cancel the find, server will NOT cancel until it has completed the search. This is EXTREMELY painful on an unindexed search, especially one that you mistakenly performed. FileMaker Server will continue to perform the find even if the client cancels or force quits and is disconnected.

I'm a developer and sometimes develop live. If I make a mistake and do a search on an unindexed record, I can cause the system to come to a grinding halt. There is no way to cancel once the find is performed.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Perform an unindexed search on a large file from a client on a hosted database from FileMaker Server. When the client cancels, Server continues to perform the search until it is done.

Expected result

Cancel and abort similar if the client opens the file directly and cancels.

Actual result

FileMaker Server will continue to perform the search. The client will still show in the Client Stats and the Processor Thread will continue to be busy. Any other finds on that table are queued until the find is complete. This can result in hanging up several users.

Workaround

None