Popover Button

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v5

Operating system version

Mac OSX 10.10.2

Description of the issue

Popover's fail to open all the way or properly in browse mode, opens fine in layout mode and in the Filemaker Go 13
      Not sure of exact problem but has something to do with either the container fields or the items inside of container fields.  Once the "popover" button expands it stops at the intersection of the container field. So it might open a little or a lot depending where the container field is located in respect of your popover button.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1) Make a new layout
      2) Inside of layout place containers fields w/Pics (jpg) and containers with signatures at various sizes (at least thats what I have in my db)
      3) Place some "popover" buttons around and test them in layout mode to make sure they open
      4) Enter browse mode
      5) Fill containers with .jpg's and signatures
      6) Test "popover" buttons and see if the react as expected

Expected result

To open fully as they do in layout mode and in Filemaker Go 13

Actual result

Read Description of issue. (see above) ^^^

Workaround

Had to redesign layout so not really a workaround more of an annoyance!  I hope FM Dev. will fix the issue or someone comes up with some workaround because this workaround will not work in a lot of layouts and cases.  Cheers!

• 1. Re: Popover Button
          TSGal

Shane Johnson:

Thank you for your post.

Using FileMaker Go 13.0v8, I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Using FileMaker Pro 13.0v5 under Mac OS X 10.10.2, I created a table with a Text field, a Time field, and two Container fields (one formatted for Interactive content).

2. In Layout Mode, I created a Popover button in the Body part, that expands the Popover to the almost the entire height of the Body part.  I placed both Container fields in the Popover.

3. After saving the layout and returning to Browse mode, I added several records, taking pictures, importing movies, capturing signatures, etc.  The Popover expanded to the exact size each time.

Let me know if I'm doing anything differently than you.  If I'm not doing anything differently, then I would like to see a copy (or clone) of your database file so I can test it here.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Popover Button
            philmodjunk

Popovers cannot extend across a web viewer. Might the same be true for an Interactive Container given that it is also a type of web viewer? Might that explain this issue?

• 3. Re: Popover Button
              TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Good catch!

My initial understanding was that the Container field was contained in the Popover.  However, after re-reading the post, I see my interpretation was incorrect, and the Container field is not contained in the Popover.  If the Container is formatted for Interactive content, this would definitely cause the Popover to stop at the Container field.

Thanks.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Popover Button
                imanalehead

Thank you PhilModJunk and TSGal

TSGal that is correct, the container fields are NOT in the popover.  I rebuilt the layouts and they are working but the containers cannot be interactive.  I sent you a an email earlier stating that I thought maybe my files had corruption and the new layouts were working but as soon as I turned "ON" the interactive container they stop opening as you'd expect.  Thanks for your help in this matter.  I'm still curious as to why they won't open when its interactive?

• 5. Re: Popover Button
                  TSGal

Shane Johnson:

Currently, the current design of FileMaker Pro makes Popovers unable to render on top of Web Viewers and on top of Interactive Container fields.  Here is the first forum posting about this issue:

Popovers, Webviewers, Containers, and Charts (oh my)

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.