Summary

Popover Button window occasionally turns transparent on Filemaker Go

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOS 7.0.6

Description of the issue

I have a popover button the brings up a panel with about 20 radio button toggles to change settings in my solution.  The panel takes up a quarter of the iPad screen.  Sometimes it works fine, but if I accidentally zoom in by double tapping the screen while the popover is open, when I  Zoom out, the Popover background fill has become transparent.

I can open and close the popover panel, and it remains transparent.  Just looks like floating fields over the layout with no fill. 

The only way to fix after this happens is by going to another layout, and returning to the original layout.

I can't include an image of the problem because it is for a confidential company solution.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Great a popover button with 20 radio buttons that refer to a parent related table.

Put it on Filemaker Go 13, open and close the popover a couple of times and double tap around it to zoom in while the popover is open.

Do this a couple of times, and occasionally the popover will go transparent.

Expected result

The popover should look like it was designed.

Actual result

The popover background becomes transparent.

Workaround

Go to another layout, return to original layout.

• 1. Re: Popover Button window occasionally turns transparent on Filemaker Go
          TSGal

Doron Kipiper:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Go 13.0v4 under iOS 7.1.1.  Here are the steps I took:

1. Using FileMaker Pro 13.0v3 under Mac OS X 10.9.3,  I created a table with an ID field and a few text fields.  I created a second table with an ID field and some text fields.  I set a relationship between the two tables.

2. On the layout of the first table, I created a Popover button, and placed a portal into the second table showing one instance in the popover panel.

3. I sized the portal to take up much of the space in the popover panel, and adding one of the text fields, I formatted it as a Radio Button set with 26 values (one for each letter of the alphabet).

4. Behind the popover panel are three text fields.

5. I turned on Network Sharing.

6. On my iPad, I launched FileMaker Go 13.0v4 and accessed the hosted file.

7. I tapped the popover button and the popover panel displayed.  I then triple-finger double-tapped the screen to zoom, and again to return to 100%.  I did this more than 40 times, moving around the screen after zooming, entering data, etc., and I was never able to replicate the issue.  The Popover panel never became transparent to display the information beneath it.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.