Popover limited by container field

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13v5

Operating system version

Description of the issue

expansion of popover limited by adjacent container field

This has been reported and added to the bug list in feb 2014; and persists still in 13 v5

Steps to reproduce the problem

open a popover that overlaps a container field

Expected result

expand to the dimensions and aspect ratio configured

Actual result

cropped

Configuration information

browse mode or not
      the quirk is that a container field initially defined in a portal, then moved out to a position that will bump/limit the popover does not cause the limit, even when redefined as field that does cause the limit in the same position.

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: Popover limited by container field

ctx: 

Thank you for post.

"This has been reported and added to the bug list in feb 2014; and persists still in 13 v5"

Could you provide the link to the previous report? Afterwards, I will add your comments to the report made to Testing and Development. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Popover limited by container field
            cortical

perhaps I should have phrased it; as I understand it, it had been added...

Even though FileMaker Inc. has not labeled this one a "bug", I am adding it to the Known Bugs List as it is being reported as a bug by users and thus an entry is needed in the list.

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/ce127293bd?commentId=319218#319218

• 3. Re: Popover limited by container field

ctx: 

Thank you for the reply.

The report where PhilModJunk's quote comes from is here:

Popovers, Webviewers, Containers, and Charts (oh my)

PhilModJunk is not a FileMaker Inc. employee, and though his "Known Bugs List" is greatly appreciated, he entered this particular issue for tracking purposes. 

As TSGal stated in the other thread, Testing and Development determined "Popovers will not render on top of WebViewers nor Interactive Container fields.  Popovers WILL render on top of non-interactive Container fields and Charts.  This is "as designed"."

A request was made to the manager of Documentation to include this in future revisions of the manual and/or Help.

I recommend you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file that is hosted and monitored by Product Management and Development.  Every entry is discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.  Although I could easily copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Popover limited by container field
                cortical

recourse to text wrangler to remove the copy/paste complications:

posted February 28, 2014 by PhilModJunkPermalink
                Even though FileMaker Inc. has not labeled this one a "bug", I am adding it to the Known Bugs List as it is being reported as a bug by users and thus an entry is needed in the list.

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

• 5. Re: Popover limited by container field
                  cortical

As TSGal stated in the other thread, Testing and Development determined "Popovers will not render on top of WebViewers nor Interactive Container fields.  Popovers WILL render on top of non-interactive Container fields and Charts.  This is "as designed"."

sometimes.

Sometimes it does, but with artefact. In the attachment the underlying container, is superimposed on the popover

the portal row container in this instance is data formatting 'non-intearctive'