Portal causes complete failure of Web Direct
Operating system version
Windows 7 Professional
Description of the issue
I upgraded from version 12 of the server to version 13. In version 12 IWP was working fine. Upon publishing the set of files using FM 13 Web Direct would fail and lockup so much I could not even log out. A few fields could be clicked in but be deselected in a few moments. None of the toolbar controls worked and no lists or check boxes worked.
Steps to reproduce the problem
After help from TSGal on the FM forums I went through every layout and every object and deleted objects and then tried again. I found two portals on one layout that when removed everything worked fine. Changing the sort of the portals or other items and then changing them back had no effect. I had to delete the two portals and then recreate them with the same settings. As noted this fixed the problem. Two portals on a layout with hundreds of fields and tabs brought Web Direct to its knees without any hint of what was wrong. I cannot indicate steps to reproduce this problem only that it happened and help from TSgal helped find these two objects were causing a near complete failure of Web Direct.