Portal not refreshing on new record

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v3

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

I have a simple portal with id=id field and am allowing creation of records in child table. When trying values into a field on the portal sometimes (50%) of the time when I tab to the next field in the portal, the data is not visible in the first field and it 'appears' as if I left it blank. It will not always do this, but when it does happen I have to hit the enter key to commit the record for the data to display. This seems to be a refresh issue.

Steps to reproduce the problem

When trying values into a field on the portal sometimes (50%) of the time when I tab to the next field in the portal, the data is not visible in the first field and it 'appears' as if I left it blank. It will not always do this, but when it does happen I have to hit the enter key to commit the record for the data to display. This seems to be a refresh issue.

The parent record was committed prior to clicking into the portal. This only occurs on the Windows platform. This is not an issue on Mac.

Expected result

I expect when I tab from field to field I see the content of the field I just filled out, but that is not always the case.

Actual result

About 50% of the time the data does not display in the field until I commit the portal record. I have verified that there are no layered fields. Just a plane edit box on the field.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages.

Configuration information

The parent record was committed prior to clicking into the portal. This only occurs on the Windows platform. This is not an issue on Mac. 
      The relationship is primary_id = foreign_id

Workaround

I have no work around.

• 1. Re: Portal not refreshing on new record
          philmodjunk

I use Windows 7 and FileMaker 13.0v3 on a daily basis and have never seen such behavior for fields in a portal.

If you create a brand new file and set up the needed tables/relationships for your portal, do you see that behavior in this new file?

Have you tried changing the "in focus" appearance settings for the fields in your portal row?

• 2. Re: Portal not refreshing on new record
            Chrislikespie

Very strange right! I haven't seen this before either. It just started happening. No crashes of file. I have tried toggling the appearance settings. Its very strange. I have created a stand alone test file to mimic the functionality, but cannot get the test file to exhibit the same issue. 

So I did go back to a backup form two days ago to a copy that did not exhibit this issue and one of the differences was I did not have a sort on the portal for the old version that was working correctly. I placed a sort on the portal and it immediately started misbehaving again. 

Think the sort is causing it. I'm sorting on a number field that has a auto enter calc.

• 3. Re: Portal not refreshing on new record
              philmodjunk

Does that mean that you can now create a test file that illustrates the issue or only that you can get your back up file to show the same behavior as your current copy?