Portal row border formatting not respected in FM13

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v1

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.8.5

Description of the issue

Setting the border color and weight for a portal does not affect the formatting of the portal row borders. Only the formatting of the portal's outer border is changed.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Select a portal object. Change the weight and/or color of the border.

Expected result

All lines for the portal should reflect the new border properties.

Actual result

Only the formatting of outer border of the portal changes; the between-row borders are unaffected.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

N/A

Workaround

Changing the portal line formatting in FileMaker 12 reformats all border lines as expected.

• 1. Re: Portal row border formatting not respected in FM13
          TSGal

sydlexic:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue   This is what I have done.

1. Using FileMaker Pro 13.0v1 on Mac OS X 10.8.5, I created two tables "Names" and "Invoices".  I created a relationship between "Names" and "Invoices" via the field ID.

2. On the Layout that contains Names, I created a Portal into Invoices showing the fields Date, Invoice Number, and Total Amount.

3. In Layout Mode, I pulled down the View menu and made sure Inspector was being viewed.

4. I clicked once on the portal to select it, and in the Inspector, I clicked the Appearance tab.

5. In the top section, I left it at my default of Theme: Enlightened, and Style: Default*

6. Below that, the pop-ups displayed Portal and Normal.

7. In the Graphic section beneath that, there was no fill, but I set the portal to display a border around the entire portal, and I set the line to 1 point with color black.

8. At the top, I changed the pop-up from Portal to "Portal Row".

9. In the Graphic section below, I set the Fill Color to solid white, Set the line to Solid 1 point and black color, and selected the bottom edge.

This now shows a double-edge for the bottom, so I changed the pop-up back to Portal, and changed the bottom border to not appear.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can try to replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Portal row border formatting not respected in FM13
            sydlexic_1

Your answer solved the problem. I was unaware of the "portal row" pop-up selector. As soon as you pointed it out, I wondered how I could have missed it. FM12 isn't as fine-grained in its control, so it handled both the row and the outside borders.

I'd looked through the documentation before putting up my original post, but I clearly missed this. A second more thorough search revealed the answer.

For those who are interested, it's located here:

Home > Designing and Creating databases > Editing objects, layout parts, and the layout background > Formatting objects, layout parts, and the layout background > Formatting portals

Thanks very much for your help.