Portal Row Conditional Value List Checkbox Display Issue
Operating system version
Description of the issue
When a portal row field displays a conditional value list as a checkbox set all rows display the checkboxes of the first portal row until the field is made active, in which case the correct checkbox set is displayed.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- portal Field A determines the value list displayed for Field B
- when Field A contains "X" Field B value list items are "A, B, C"
- when Field A contains "Y" Field B value list items are "1, 2, 3"
- create portal row 1 and 2
- set row 1 Field A to value "X": row 1 Field B displays value list items "A, B, C"
- set row 2 Field A to value "Y": row 2 Field B displays value list items "A, B, C" (expected value list items "1, 2, 3")
- click on row 2 Field B: row 2 Field B displays value list items "1, 2, 3"
- click outside of row 2 Field B: row 2 Field B reverts to value list items "A, B, C"
The radio button set format also displays this behavior but the drop-down list or pop-up menu does not.
Each portal row displays the conditional value list checkbox set associated with that row.
Each portal row displays the conditional value list checkbox set associated with row 1.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
This is only a problem in FileMaker 12. I created a test file in FM 11 which displays the checkbox set properly. When I converted the file to FM 12 the behaviour changed.
I have 2 simple test files I can provide that illustrate the problem: a FM 11 file that behaves as expected, the same file converted to FM 12 that exhibits the problem behaviour.
None I am aware of.