Portals in a tab don't scroll with apple magic mouse gestures

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12v3 Advanced

Operating system version

Mac OSX

Description of the issue

On Mac in FMP 12 Advanced, portal records IN a tab don't scroll with apple magic mouse gestures.

Portals OUTSIDE tab controls scroll fine.

It does work fine on a PC with FM12 standard edition. Haven't checked if it works correctly in standard edition on Mac.

• 1. Re: Portals in a tab don't scroll with apple magic mouse gestures

Marcus Holmes:

Thank you for the post.

To attempt to replicate this using FileMaker Pro 12.0v3 Advanced, I created a new database file with a single portal on a tab with the option "Show vertical scroll bar" checked. Once enough portal records were reached so that scrolling was necessary, I used a Magic Mouse to scroll up and down in the portal on Mac OS X 10.7.5. 

Am I possibly missing a step to replicate?

TSFalcon
               FileMaker, Inc.
          • 2. Re: Portals in a tab don't scroll with apple magic mouse gestures
            marcus.holmes@mac.com

Hi TSFalcon

Thanks for the reply.

No, you're not missing anything - I see now they do work fine on new databases.

Looks like this is an issue with databases converted from previous versions - my portals were well and truly stuck!

SOLUTION was to copy the whole tab, enter Browse mode, back to Layout mode, paste it back in, and - Hey Presto - better than WD40, my portals whizz faster than ever...

Thanks for that!

Marcus