AnsweredAssumed Answered

Possible Leopard issue - no admin console for FMS 10.2

Question asked by dhrowe10 on Sep 1, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 by etripoli

Summary

Possible Leopard issue - no admin console for FMS 10.2

Description of the issue

FileMaker Server 10.2 on W3k box. Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.6.0This does not happen on my Win XP sp3 machines or OSX 10.5.x or 10.4.x machines Detailed description of the issue:I loaded 10.6.0 on a machine today.  I can not get the admin console to work.  The older ones from before I killed.  I try to download a fresh one from xxx:16000 and I get a failed to Validate certificate.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Browser to xx:16000/  ( same with two different servers)  Click 'Start Admin Console" Expected Result:get an admin consoleActual Result:Jmpstart file downloads.Get Dialog window from Java: Warning Security Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:Failed to validate certificateThe application will not be executed  java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unable to evaluate certificatesat com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.evaluateTrustAndShow(MacOSXTrustUI.java:147)at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.showDialog(MacOSXTrustUI.java:47)at com.sun.deploy.security.X509Util.showSecurityDialog(X509Util.java:152)at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(TrustDecider.java:663)at com.sun.javaws.security.AppPolicy.grantUnrestrictedAccess(AppPolicy.java:264)at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(LaunchDownload.java:1460)at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(LaunchDownload.java:1170)at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Launcher.java:1020)at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:306)at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:183)at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:104)at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:405)at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:252)at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:111)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)show certificate details, shows a class 3 cert from FMI.... so don't know exactly what is going wrong. Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:Admin console works fine on other machines on network, just the Snow Leopard box has this issue. Any workarounds that you have found:  use other client.

Outcomes