Summary

Posting error

Description of the issue

can not post an error

• 1. Re: Posting error
          TSGal

TataS:

Thank you for your post.

What error are you trying to post?  Can you be a little more specific?  That is, what system are you running?  What version of FileMaker?  What are you trying to do?  When does this error occur?

Any additional information you can provide will help narrow down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Posting error
            TataS
               I receive en error message:"XML parsing error Attributable size is not declared for element style. Line number 1. Column number 745257" when I was trying to open XML file that I exported from Endnote library.
            I sent a letter to enquiries_northern@filemaker.com on August 28 asking for help but have not received the answer.
            I called your customer service . Your representative recommended to post my question in the Forum.

I can not do that because I receive messages that "Message cannot exceed 20,000 characters" when my message is less than 300 characters.

Please help. Please let me know the most effective way to find answers to error messages in the future. I was able to import xml file to Filemaker using your free trial.
            Thanks,
            Tatyana

• 3. Re: Posting error
              TSGal

TataS:

Thank you for the additional information.

For some reason, the XML is parsing column 745257.  What information do you have in the first line?  How large is the XML file?

What browser are you using to try and post the message?  Some people have reported problems with Safari (although I'm running Safari and haven't received a problem).

If you want, send me the message via private message, or break it up into two private messages, and I'll post it here.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Posting error
                TataS

Q: What information do you have in the first line?  TAS: I have subheadings from Medine. I exported bibliography databased from reference manager (Endnote) to XML.

Q: How large is the XML file? TAS: 728KB. I imported XML to Filemaker before using your free trial version.

I can send you XML file if you let me know your email.

Thanks,

• 5. Re: Posting error
                  TSGal

TataS:

I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the XML file and any accompanying style sheet.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: Posting error
                    TSGal

TataS:

I received your XML file, but I also need your XSLT Stylesheet.  Please send this to the email address from the private message.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 7. Re: Posting error
                      TataS

What is XSLT Stylesheet?

I have not needed it before importing XML to FileMaker.

• 8. Re: Posting error
                        TataS

What is XSLT Stylesheet?

I have not needed it before importing XML to FileMaker.

• 9. Re: Posting error
                          comment_1
                             Unless your XML source file is already in FMPXMLRESULT grammar, you DO need a XSLT stylesheet. This is true for all versions of Filemaker since version 6 (when XML support was introduced).
                          • 10. Re: Posting error
                            TataS

How I can learn XSL Transformations from XML? Endnote does not have XSL option.

• 11. Re: Posting error
                              comment_1

TataS wrote:

Endnote does not have XSL option.

But Filemaker does. If you specify a stylesheet, Filemaker will apply it during the import.

TataS wrote:

How I can learn XSL Transformations from XML?

I am not sure how to answer that. Like anything else, I suppose - only more difficult...

However, the good news is that you only need to learn a small part of it, and you may have a good starting point here.