4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 11:36 AM by philmodjunk

Preview mode scrolling causes FileMaker Pro to freeze when using a database containing a very large...

Ho-YonHwang

Summary

Preview mode scrolling causes FileMaker Pro to freeze when using a database containing a very large text field

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Snow Leopard / Lion

Description of the issue

Using my 7.9 MB database on preview mode, scrolling up pages causes the program to freeze. Manually entering page number does the same. Slowly using the page turner works. Once frozen, the application has to be terminated by force quit. The database and layouts were originally made in Filemaker 6 and modified in 9.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I made new layouts in 12. However, using the new layouts did not fix the problem. Removing old layouts did not fix the problem.

Workaround

Importing the database to pre-made starter solution database resolves the issue. However, I do not want to use pre-made solution database.

[added later. Using pre-mader starter solution database fixed the problem only because the default field size in the layout was much smaller (despite the field still retaining a very large amount of text.]