Preview Of PDF Documents Not Working Upon Upgrading To 12.0v5

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v5

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8

Description of the issue

Just upgraded FileMaker Pro to 12.0v5 from 12.0v4. Immediately, our ability to preview PDF's in container fields has vanished - container fields appear empty and there are no previews of PDF's as normally expected. Computers running 12.0v4 and lower have no issues and can preview PDF's in those same container fields without issues. Only computers upgraded to 12.0v5 are affected. We're running Mac OS 10.6.8 on our workstations.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages appear. Field simply remains empty, rather than showing PDF document.

Workaround

Keeping FileMaker Pro 12 on version 4 or lower.

• 1. Re: Preview Of PDF Documents Not Working Upon Upgrading To 12.0v5
          TSGal

Neil Mackay:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  I installed FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 on a MacBook running Mac OS X 10.6.8.  I created a database file with one Container field, sized the Container field to be almost a page in height, and set the Container field for interactive content.  I inserted the FileMaker Acknowledgements PDF into the container field, and everything appears fine.  Below is the screen shot along with the About This Mac and About FileMaker Pro windows.

I then quit FileMaker Pro 12.0v4, and updated to FileMaker Pro 12.0v5.

I launched FileMaker Pro 12.0v5, opened the same file, and the PDF contents are still visible.  You will see that screen shot in the next post.

In case your database file may be damaged, create a new database file and follow what I did.  Does this work?  If not, then reinstall FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 and try updating again to FileMaker Pro 12.0v5.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Preview Of PDF Documents Not Working Upon Upgrading To 12.0v5
            TSGal
            /files/2852b93b62/Screen_shot_2013-11-11_at_2.42.50_PM.png 998x876