4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2008 8:29 AM by TSGal

Prigram crashes every time I print

sayonaraML

Summary

Prigram crashes every time I print

Description of the issue

No idea why but the job always prints regardless.

• 1. Re: Prigram crashes every time I print
          bdam_1
             You're not really providing a lot to go on there are you?  Take a look at ts_turtle's response to my thread regarding this issue in Citrix.  You might as well answer the relevant questions here and preempt their asking.
          • 2. Re: Prigram crashes every time I print
            TSGal

sayonaraML:

Is this problem still occurring?

Tell me more about your system.  That is, what version of FileMaker Pro, what kind of printer, what kind of printer driver, what OS are you using, etc.  Also, in FileMaker Pro, does this happen from a script?  Are you doing this manually from File -> Print? What paper size?  PDF file?  Anything you can help me isolate possible problems.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Prigram crashes every time I print
              sayonaraML

Hi TSGal:

I'm running 9.0v3 on Filemaker pro, OS is XP Service Pack 3 (might be 2) and prnting to an HP P1005. Yes I'm printing from the File Menu, printing 8.5 X 11" paper. The only other things of note are that the source was database was created in an older version of Filemaker (6? 7?) and that every time I open it I get a message about netwrok file sharing being turned off.

Hope that helps and what's puzzling to me is the fact that the document never fails to print even after the prgram has quit.

• 4. Re: Prigram crashes every time I print
                TSGal

sayonaraML:

Thanks for the additional information.

If you are getting a message about Network Sharing being turned off, then your FileMaker Pro file is probably on a remote server.  Is the file local to your machine?

Is there a password on the file?  Does it grant you full access to the file?

If you create a new database file, are you able to print?

When you go to Print Setup, is the name of the printer shown properly?  If you click on Network, how many printers are listed?

How long is the path name of the printer?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.