3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2009 9:48 AM by hschlossberg

print (restore) no longer retains "Records being browsed" or "Current Record"

GregD

Summary

print (restore) no longer retains "Records being browsed" or "Current Record"

Description of the issue

In a script using the print (restore) command it appears that in V10 (Developer) that the option of "records being browsed" or "current record" is not restored and Filemaker uses the setting from the last print command.  Anyone else experience this bug?

• 1. Re: print (restore) no longer retains "Records being browsed" or "Current Record"
          hschlossberg
             This has been an issue since FM7, though only on the Windows platform, when converting a file from pre-7.  The conversion scripts have been getting better since 7, by adding a Print Setup before each Print[Restore] to try to re-establish the pre-conversion settings, but it still (even with conversions into 10) requires a manual check of every instance in all of your scripts, as the settings are somewhat dependent on the logic you use in your particular scripts.   Additionally, any scripts that have a Print Setup step that was originally set to Landscape orientation must be reset after conversion, as FMP always defaults to Portrait during a conversion from pre-7.  Fixing these things is just part of the conversion process.
          • 2. Re: print (restore) no longer retains "Records being browsed" or "Current Record"
            GregD
               Thanks so much for responding.   It sounds from what you wrote that it is a "conversion" problem when moving from one version to the next, say 9 to 10. I interpreted your comment that it requries a manual check for every instance in all your scripts" to mean that I have to adjust each script manually and then it would work after that, which is not my experience.   Or did you mean that each run of the script must be run with the dialog box displayed so I can manually adjust the settings each time I run the script, which is what I am experiencing.
            • 3. Re: print (restore) no longer retains "Records being browsed" or "Current Record"
              hschlossberg
                 Sorry for the misunderstanding.  The conversion issue I refer to is when converting from pre-7 versions into versions 7+.  These are settings that just need to be made to the script once after conversion.