Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. Here are the steps I took:
1. Using FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 on Windows 7, I create a new file, one table, one Text field (Name) with the contents "TSGal".
2. I created a script "Printer 1 Portrait" with the steps:
Print Setup [ Restore ; No dialog ] // Specified Printer 1 for Portrait
Print [ Restore ; <printer 1 name> ; No dialog ]
3. I created a second script "Printer 2 Landscape" with the steps:
Print Setup [ Restore ; No dialog ] // Specified Printer 2 for Landscape
Print [ Restore ; <printer 2 name> ; No dialog ]
4. I ran "Printer 1 Portrait", and Printer 1 had the correct output in Portrait.
5. I ran "Printer 2 Landscape", and Printer 2 had the correct output in Landscape.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
I have the same problem but I wonder if it is because of the naming of the printers not being exact, especially network printers. It seems to go to the last printer used if the printer name isn't exact. I am trying to get a script working on 2 computers sharing 2 printers & its becoming impossible. Seems like the naming of the printers can't be the same from both computers so it goes back to the last one selected on that particular printer! Both printers are connected USB to one computer & shared to the other. Any ideas??
Hi, you can try to add a script step defining user name. Let me give u an example.
You can go to preferences there, set a special user name such as "computer1". Then on other PC, set user name to "computer2".
In your print script, u add a step : if get user name = "computer1"
Else if get user name = "computer2"
Let me know if this workaround works for you.
I will try that route when I get some time - proly be a bit - busy season for us.