1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 1:49 PM by TSGal

Print Web Viewer Crashes FileMaker

BruceR

Summary

Print Web Viewer Crashes FileMaker

Description of the issue

Under some circumstances, attempting multipage printing (or even preview) of a web viewer will crash (lock up) Filemaker. The crash will be avoided if you first browse through all pages you are going to preview/print. In my case I am using a complex data URL web viewer. I don't know if it also happens for simple pages.Filemaker 9 and 10.Mac OS 10.5.6I can provide an example file.General procedure to re-create problem:Have multi-record file that has different web viewer content on each page. Maybe just a list of URLs, one per record may do it. Go to a record that displays the first web viewer.Do NOT navigate to the other records.Enter preview mode.Now navigate to next records.OK, I tried this with simple URLs (e.g. http://www.apple.com) but the problem does not occur.The file in question uses data URLs that call JQuery. 

• 1. Re: Print Web Viewer Crashes FileMaker
          TSGal

BruceR:

Thank you for your post.

Since I am unable to duplicate the problem easily, I will take you up on getting your example file.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.