2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 1:59 PM by philmodjunk

Printer defaults to "records being browsed" on hosted files

lemecdutex

Summary

Printer defaults to "records being browsed" on hosted files

Description of the issue

I'm running FileMaker Pro Advanced on Snow Leopard (10.6.1), and when printing from files that are hosted on FileMaker Server 10 (10.0.2.206) on an Intel XServe (running Snow Leopard Server 10.6.1), it defaults to "records being browsed" rather than the last selection (for instance, I'm wanting it to default to "current record"). I'm constantly forgetting to check that, and printing the wrong stuff. What I've noticed is that if the file is one that's not hosted on FM Server (one that's on my local machine), it does remember the last setting.  --Ron Robertson 

• 1. Re: Printer defaults to "records being browsed" on hosted files
          TSGal

lemecdutex:

Thank you for your post.

A file hosted on a server keeps all setting within that server.  If you access the file as a guest, you are unable to change the default settings.  Instead, you should consider creating a script that prints current record, and a script that prints records being browsed.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Printer defaults to "records being browsed" on hosted files
            philmodjunk
               For changing settings such as printer settings or so the contents of global fields are set to a desired "start value", I create a script that makes all these settings. Then I use Filemaker Servers Schduler to run this script each time I upload back to the server after taking it down to make changes. (You can run a scheduled script immediately instead of at a set time.) Since this is run from a "host" session, these changes stick and this script gives me a "Restore to Factory Defaults" type of capability without having to take the database down off the server and open it directly with filemaker.