Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12-13

Operating system version

Win7 - WinXP

Description of the issue

I don't know where to go for this.

I have many print setup saved in many script, and only one printer is creating this problem.

Win2003 Server
      WinXP Stations and 1 Win7 x64 (FM13A is my station)

Printer is a Brother QL1060N network (sticker), installed on the server and share to other users.

I setup some print preference for page size 4" wide x length (variable upon layout)

no matter if the script is edit in 12 or 13, the same result occur, I can't set the page size and save it in the script, it will decide to print the length it want (ask for 1.4" and a 6" long page will print).

I contact Brother and (as always) never  the driver is the problem, send back to the software.

They ask me to ask Filemaker what printer driver .dll, what action Filemaker is require to save the printer setup page, what the script use to save the setup so they can provide the (if) missing .dll

Who can get that info for me, so I can contact Brother and have them investigate further.

Thank you

Expected result

Filemaker will save print setup and paper size

Actual result

printer is save, but not the paper size, even the default paper size of the share network printer is not use.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: Printer setup properties not saved
          TSGal

Jean-Francois:

Thank you for your post.

It is not clear from your post if the setup issues only occurs on one machine.  That is, are you creating the Print Setup script on only one machine?  If you go to another machine, create a new script with the same Print Setup script values, does it then work?

Are you able to manually print using those Print Setup values?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Printer setup properties not saved
            Jean-Francois

Thank you

I have try on with 3 computers on the network, both edit the script, or run the script save from another pc and they don't work, the sticker default length is 5", so a 5" page with print even if I saved 1.5"

The most troubling thing, is I edit the script (FMA13) save the print setup, save the script, close the script editor, reopen the script... double click on the print setup that was in that script (or the print command)... the print properties (only the page size) is gone and back to default 5".

So it's not that the script save it and other PC can't get it to work, it's doing it on the original PC as well.

I have tried on my PC FMA13 or other station that use WinXP and FM12, same result.

If I select print manually, and change the configuration and print, it will print correctly, so it's not a problem that the printer is not getting the proper config/command.

Network printer share fro mthe server, or local printer on a IP address, same result.

To better see the problem, here's link to a dropbox screen capture video 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jes56zyq7pg5rig/print%20script.wmv?dl=0

• 3. Re: Printer setup properties not saved
              TSGal

Jean-Francois:

Please send in the Brother printer driver, and we'll install it here and test it out.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Printer setup properties not saved
                TSGal

Jean-Francois:

I received the download link for the printer driver.  I have sent this information to our Testing department for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Printer setup properties not saved
                  TSGal

Jean-Francois:

Testing has been able to replicate a similar issue with a Brother QL-570.  The information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.