1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 9:35 AM by TSGal

Printing a pdf issues

oakhamschool

Summary

Printing a pdf issues

Description of the issue

We have a layout in FileMaker Pro10 which uses Lucida Sans at 6pt for our footer. FileMaker in Windows Vista does not seem to save the contents of this text/footer when saving as a pdf under Windows Vista. When I print out, the footer prints OK. When I use Print to Acrobat to create a pdf, the footer does appear. When I save that layout as a pdf in FileMaker, the footer dissapears! Any solutions? If I use the arial font it does seem to work, but our corporate branding is in Lucida Sans and our staff don't have Acrobat Writer like I do. 

• 1. Re: Printing a pdf issues
          TSGal

Jalz:

Thank you for your post.

Using FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 and FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Advanced, on both Windows Vista and Windows XP SP3, I could not replicate the problem.  This is what I did:

1. I opened an existing database file and added a text block to a footer.

2. For font, I did not have Lucida Sans showing, so I added it.

3. I changed the font size to 6 pt.

4. I pulled down the File menu and selected "Save/Send Records As -> PDF...".

5. I let the file name default to Untitled.pdf and saved it.

6. I opened Untitled.pdf, and the text block with Lucida Sans appears in the footer on each page.

It is possible there is a problem with the layout itself.  Try creating a new layout with minimal fields, and enter a text block in the footer.  Save/Send Records As PDF, and see if the PDF contains the footer.  If so, then remove the Text block from the original layout, and recreate it.  Does this work?

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.