AnsweredAssumed Answered

Printing Error: The combined size of the header plus footer is longer than can fit

Question asked by ChrisAnderson on Jul 17, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 by ChrisAnderson

Summary

Printing Error: The combined size of the header plus footer is longer than can fit

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

7.0 v2

Operating system version

Windows XP Pro 32-bit

Description of the issue

As of last Tuesday I am not able to print a report that used to print without any problems. When I attempt to print the report I continue to get this message regardless of what size paper, or how much I reduce the image on the paper. It will not even spool the print job.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open FileMaker .fp7 database, select Supplier Invoice Report module, select layout called Invoice Data Entry, hit cancel to back out of new entry. Select File, then print, select ok. It begins the printing job and then immediately gets message: "The combined size of the header plus the footer is longer than can fit on the page. To print, first make sure the header or footer are shorter or use longer paper."

Expected result

The job used to print automtically and fit on the paper.

Actual result

Only the error message comes up, no job is printed. One must hit OK and then close the program since hitting cancel or escape does not work.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"The combined size of the header plus the footer is longer than can fit on the page. To print, first make sure the header or footer are shorter or use longer paper."

Workaround

None, I cannot get the job to spool.

HeaderFooter_Error.JPG

Outcomes