Summary

Printing issues

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

When printing, I can only print 3 items and then the program crashes.  Takes several minutes to get logged back in and start over.  We use the program for account information and for inventories.  When printing for our technicians, I can print 1 account info sheet, 1 inventory and then a 2nd account info sheet - then the program shuts down...

• 1. Re: Printing issues
          philmodjunk

A crash can damage your file. A damaged file can crash.

I recommend doing a recover on your file (if file is in active use on a server, you can do this on a recent backup copy) to see if the file is damaged. Test the recovered copy, even if it reports "no problems found" to see if crashes.

You might also create a small test file and see if it crashes when you print from it.

And you might try printing from a different layout then one used for the above 3 items to see if that crashes. Sometimes a layout can be damaged.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          2. Recover does not detect all problems
          3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
          • 2. Re: Printing issues
            philmodjunk

Also, if you have more than one printer installed, test this on a different computer or try saving as a PDF.