Summary

Print[] script issues

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7 Ultimate

Description of the issue

Saving page orientation within the print [] script seems to save per printer, instead of per print[] script step.  For instance, if I have 2 scripts, script A and script B, and set:

Script A
      print[my printer:orientation: portrait]

and Script B
      print[my printer:orientation: landscape]

Script A would forget that it was supposed to have a portrait orientation.  If I set:

Script A
      print[my printer:orientation: portrait]

and Script B
      print[different printer:orientation: landscape]

They're both remembered.

This causes a lot of problems!

• 1. Re: Print[] script issues
          RickWhitelaw

Hi,

Print Setup script step is what you want to investigate BEFORE using the Print step. At least that's true on Mac OS X. I suspect it's similar on Windows.

RW

• 2. Re: Print[] script issues
            DerekPatterson

I did that.  Print Setup[] remembers the change, but when print is called it over rides it.

• 3. Re: Print[] script issues
              TSGal

Derek Patterson:

I've tried this on both Windows XP (SP3) and Mac OS X 10.6.6, and I am unable to replicate the problem.  Here are my two scripts:

Script A
              Print Setup [ Restore ; No dialog ]     (the orientation is set to portrait)
              Print [ Restore ; <Printer name> ; No dialog ]

Script B
              Print Setup [ Restore ; No dialog ]     (the orientation is set to landscape)
              Print [ Restore ; <Printer name> ; No dialog ]

I run Script A, and my printout is in Portrait.  Using the same Layout, I run Script B, and my printout is in Landscape.  I run Script A again, and my printout is in Portrait.

Make sure you have the Page Setup immediately preceding the Print step.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.