AnsweredAssumed Answered

privilege restrictions mess up imports

Question asked by gaBby on Nov 16, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2008 by TSGal

Summary

privilege restrictions mess up imports

Description of the issue

my solution has some scripted imports, filemaker-to-filemaker. They work fine when logged in as a full-access account. But for everyday users whose priv sets have restrictions on some fields, the import gets completely messed up. I have tried setting up the scripted import using "Custom" and "Matching Names" and either way the import gets messed up because from what i can tell FMP acts like the restricted fields are not even there when it runs the imports under a non-full-access account. NOTE: restricted fields are NOT included in the import order. For example, make a test file with two tables, t1 and t2. Each table has four text fields f1 through f4. Make a user account that has no access to f2 in t2.Now set up an import script that stores this import order: t2      t1 f1 > f1f2 x  f2f3 > f3f4 > f4 leave the import order dialog exposed then open the file as the restricted user and run the script. In the import dialog you will see: f1 > f1f3 x f2f4 > f3       f4 How can I script this import so it will work?! It seems this bug has been around a long time and i'm tired of having to export/import, why can't FMP import from its own tables w/o screwing up? thanks, gaBby

Outcomes