Thank you for the post.
I cannot replicate this with FileMaker Pro 12.0v4. Tests were performed on both on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Windows 7. To attempt to replicate:
1. File > New Database
2. Saved file "toolbar test.fmp12" to the desktop.
3. View > Customize Status Toolbar
4. Drag a command on to the toolbar.
Am I possibly missing a step to replicate? Do you experience this behavior with all files? How about a newly created file?
Thank TS for the reply. I tried your suggestion, creating a new file, it worked fine. Tried it on a different file (FM training files), worked fine, went back to my DB, and it crashed again.
Any additional guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for the reply.
I recommend running a recover on this file to see if it might be damaged.
Things to keep in mind about Recover:
While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...
1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
2. Recover does not detect all problems
3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
And here's a knowledge base article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).
I will give it a try
Thanks TS for your help