Summary

Problem editing repetition field from the web using IWP

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

Description of the issue

My layout has repetition fields like myfield[1], myfield[2], myfield[3] etc.    If I click on any of the fields to edit, only myfield[1] can be edited.   Clicking on the others only causes a page reload.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Make a layout with separate repetition fields and use IWP.

Expected result

If I click any field, whether or not it's a repetition field, I should be able to edit the field's value.

Actual result

Page reloads, but repetition field can not be edited.

Workaround

If the repetition field is consolidated as myfield[1-4] then each of the values can be clicked and edited, but this does not give me the freedom to place each of the repetition fields anywhere on the layout.

• 1. Re: Problem editing repetition field from the web using IWP
          TSGal

The_Steve:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I did...

1. On my iMac running Mac OS X 10.6.6, I launched FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 and created a Text field, "myfield", and set it for four repetitions.

2. On my Layout, I added four fields, one for each repetition of "myfield".

3. I entered information into the first record into each of the four fields (repetition 1, repetition 2, repetition 3 and repetition 4).

4. I turned on Instant Web Publishing and set access for the file to all users.

5. On another machine, I launched a web browser, entered the IP Address of my Mac, received the Instant Web Publishing screen and selected the database file.

6. I was able to click in any of the four repetition fields for "myfield" without a problem, make changes, and submit the changes.

Please let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the issue here.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.