Summary

Problem filtering sub summary reports

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

MS windows 7

Description of the issue

I have created a subsummary report.  If I do a find, the subsummary disappears and I can't bring it back.  I want the report to only show records that meet a certain criteria, and thought the solution was to do a script that would do a find for the records that matched the criteria.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a subsummary report.  Do a find for one of the feilds in the report.

Expected result

Subsummary report to show records that match the find criteria.

Actual result

The find does find the correct records, but the subsummary function of the report goes away and instead the report becomes a list with no subsummaries.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

Configuration information

none

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: Problem filtering sub summary reports
          philmodjunk

A find produces an unsorted found set of records. Sub summary parts are only visible when the records are sorted by the fields specified for the sub summary parts so that they can be properly grouped with the sub summary part.

After performing your find. Sort your records in a sort order that includes the "when sorted by" fields specified for the sub summary parts and they will re-appear. You can even produce different summary reports on the same layout by changing the sort order to group the records differently.