Summary

problem printing layouts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows XP

Description of the issue

Printing layouts worked a couple days ago but not now(except for address labels). Now several layouts business cards & form letters for example look spread out, distorted, lines overlaping and worse. I first corrected the problem a couple of days ago by switching from table view to form view before printing and the business cards printed nicely but now that fix doesn't work. I installed FM and transfered layouts from a privious user around 2 weeks ago who apparently had no issues.

Steps to reproduce the problem

see attached work file

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

Configuration information

none

Workaround

I copied a form letter in a FM layout and pasted it in MS word. It didn't look perfict but I was very desperate.

• 1. Re: problem printing layouts
          TSGal

James Kusely:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

There is no attached work file.

Check to see if the printer has changed.  This would affect Print Setup and the way it displays.  However, the fields should not "spread out, distorted, lines overlapping and worse.".  Do you have a script that prints the layout?  Do those scripts specify a specific printer?  Has there been a printer update?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful.

I am aware this problem occurred some time ago, so if you have found the solution, please post here in case others run into the same problem.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: problem printing layouts
            JamesKusely

This is Jim Kusely. I found the problem with printing the layouts mentioned under my last post. I read the solution on Google put can't remember the link.  My printer an old HP 895CSE would automatically set the printer to "draft" when clicking on the print icon in FM2011. I read that you have to have at least a 300dpi in order for the layouts to print properly which would be "normal" or "best" printer settings. So now I have to first go to printer setup, reset the printer to 'Normal" and then print the layout. Jim Kusely