AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with File Maker Server 9 on a Mac

Question asked by amelungc on Oct 5, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 by bob@barcom

Summary

Problem with File Maker Server 9 on a Mac

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product involved FileMaker Server 9 Operating System(s) involved OS X 10.5.8 Detailed description of the issue I recently ran a system update, which included an upgrade to Java v. 1.5.0_20, and now the Administrator application will not run. I get the following error message: [LaunchRunner Error] The main class "com.sun.javaws.Main" could not be found.[JavaAppLauncher Error] CallStaticVoidMethod() threw an exceptionException in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerExceptionException in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:112)    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)    at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)  At this point, I am completely stuck and I have people waiting on me to get this working. I tried calling Technical Support but apparently they're having technical issues of their own because that system isn't working either, I just get a message saying Technical Support is currently unavailable. Also, I found information in the Read Me under Known Issues (section 5.3) about compatiblity problems with some versions of Java on Macs but the instructions to resolve the issue must have been written for OS X 10.4 or earlier because those options are not available in 10.5. Any thoughts on how I can resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.-Chris

Outcomes