Summary

problem with mailing pdf files.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11 and 13

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I have a script that collects all of our packing slips for the day and sends them to our distribution center. This worked fine with the old operating system, but our computer died a few weeks ago and we bought a new imac with Mavericks OS. Now when I run the same script all of the records are still in selection but only the first record is either printed or emailed.
      I don't think that it is an Apple mail problem because I tried to export the records to a pdf file and still got only the first record.

Steps to reproduce the problem

To test if it might be a problem with my database, I created a new database with two fields, three records and two layouts, one of which was a form. When I tried to email the forms, the same problem occurred.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

• 1. Re: problem with mailing pdf files.
          steveromig

X4der -

Thank you for your message.

I am unable to reproduce this problem using a sample file of my own using FileMaker Pro 13 and Mac OS 10.9.1.  It works as expected for me when I used "Save / Send Records As..." from the File menu.

I would very that you are selecting 'Records Being Browsed" and not "Current Record" when you are trying to do this manually or when you are scripting it.

Can you provide a little more detail on how you are trying to do this manually.

TS_Shark
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: problem with mailing pdf files.
            x4der

I created a simple file with two fields, two layouts, one of which is a form, and three records. I printed the form on my printer and all three were perfect. Choosing save as pdf also worked fine. Then I picked Mail pdf and only the first record came up in the e mail. Maybe this is a mail program problem.

I am using Mail Version 7.1 (1827)

• 3. Re: problem with mailing pdf files.
              x4der

Save/Send Records worked but checking create email attachment did nothing.

• 4. Re: problem with mailing pdf files.
                TSGal

x4der:

Thank you for your posts.

When you checked the option "Create email with file as attachment", did you also select "Records being browsed" or "Current Record".

Assuming this was set for "Records being browsed", what is the size of the resulting PDF file as compared with the original PDF file that was not used as an attachment?

Does this occur only with this one file?  Only with a particular layout?  Any other information may be helpful in replicate this issue.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: problem with mailing pdf files.
                  x4der

I just got off the phone with apple. It looks like things have changed with the way things work with Apple mail. In the past when you attached a 25 page pdf, it would show up as a small icon in the mail message. Now it shows you the first page as a preview and, of course, it is easy to assume that only one page is attached, but they are all there. I wish Apple would let us know about these changes.

Bottom line is that the script works fine and there is nothing wrong with Filemaker.