1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 8:06 AM by TSGal

Problem with the Save as Type option in the Export Records to File command

vct

Summary

Problem with the Save as Type option in the Export Records to File command

Description of the issue

When my databases were in V5.5, the Export Records script steps allowed me to specify the Save as Type selection while still give the user the freedom to choose the file name and file path to save the exported file.  After the databases were converted to V9, the Export Records script steps only allow me to specify the file name AND the Save as Type selection.  I can no longer specify the Save as Type option AND give the user's choice for the file name and path.  Now I have to ask all users to make sure they select the proper file types in order for their exported files to work with the other part of the automation process in our office.Moreover, I notice that even I give file name with the file extention I intend to save as, for example, Test.mer, but do not pick a file type from the Save as Type box.  The exported file will be a Tab-separated Text file instead of a Merge file type.  This throw many of the the users off because they think that they have chosen the proper file type by typing in the correct file extension like they would do in other applications.  Is this a bug in V9?  Is there any way that I can specify the Save as Type option in a script but give the user a chance to choose the file name and file path? VCT