Problems exiting from Layout Mode

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

fmp_trial_fm_11.0.3.312.dmg

Operating system version

Mac OS X  Version 10.6.8

Description of the issue

Not exiting properly from "Edit Layout" mode.

Steps to reproduce the problem

In fmp11_tutorial.pdf, Lesson 6, section on "Crating Mailing labels", Page 49 item 5: "Click Save Layout, then Exit Layout in the layout bar to see your personalized letter, ready to print, for every record in the database" 

Proceed with this tutorial until told to exit the layout mode.

Expected result

On exiting layout mode I would expect to be returned to normal program functioning, able to browse or choose different program options.

Actual result

What happens at this point  of "Exit Layout" is that the program gets caught between Layout Mode and Preview.  There does not seem to be any way to return to normal browsing mode. 
      Even changing to another layout does not solve this.  I believe this is a programming bug.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

There is no error message.

Configuration information

This problem happens with the sample file and/or its copy supplied with the trial version of Filemaker Pro.  I have replicated exactly the same problem on a different Filemaker database.  I suspect it only happens when the layout includes a "preview" output.

Workaround

Force Quit the program!!!!

• 1. Re: Problems exiting from Layout Mode
          TSGal

Brian Lennon:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem with FileMaker Pro trial version.  After I exit the layout, I'm in Browse Mode.  To verify, pull down the View menu and see if Browse Mode is checked.  If you are in Preview Mode, then pull down the View menu and select Browse Mode.  If Preview Mode or Find Mode is enabled, then select Browse Mode.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.