Thank you for your post.
It's difficult to determine what is causing the problem without seeing the file.
I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.
Thank you for sending your files.
First of all, I couldn't open your files, so I ran the Recover command (File menu) and created a new database file.
Locally, I was able to export the data to a tab-delimited and Merge file, and imported both of those files into new tables. This worked fine. I was able to browse every record.
I then put the file on a server (FileMaker Server 10) and opened the file remotely. The script failed on the import because I didn't specify the exact location of the file. Once I specified the location of the file, the script ran smoothly, and I was able to see and browse each record. Here are my script steps:
Go to Layout ["Untitled" (SCRIPTS) ]
Show All Records
Export Records [No dialog; "test.mer"; Macintosh (all fields, no formatting) ]
Import Records [No dialog; "test.mer"; Add; Mac Roman (matching fields) ]
It is fairly straight-forward.
Let me know your script information. You can either send the information publicly or privately.
Thanks for looking into, however I am still having problems. I'm working on a Windows XP machine, FYI. My boss has a Mac and he is trying it to see if it works on his machine.
I have a merge file, exported from a hosted filemaker 9 file using the Mac character set. When I try to import this file into a brand new FM 10 file, it crashes on the same record every time. Using file recovery on the new FM 10 file did not fix it.
Let me know and I can send you the merge file if you want to try to import it into your own FM 10 file using a windows machine.
If the merge file is different from the file you previously sent, then please send it to the address provided in the prior private message. I have the recovered file running on both Windows XP and Macintosh OS X 10.5.5