Summary

Problems with use of temporary memory with FMG

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOS 5

Description of the issue

I and my users are experiencing problems using temporary memory over an extended period.
My solution uses temporary memory for saving PDFs to prior to emailing them and to export video files to so they can be viewed. As the solution uses synchronisation it also has an update solution feature that exports the new version of the solution files from a container fields. The 'media' file is 250 MB ish. I'm unclear what triggers the issue but all users have experienced emails without attachments and the other sign of the problem which is file not found messages when the export file contents with auto open script step is triggered which is how the videos get launched.
The issue is fixed by force restarting FMG. Users find this difficult to do as in iOs the method is counter intuative. Sadly for reasons I do not understand the exit application script step only closes the solution with FMG so I cannot program my way around this fault.

Configuration information

My iPad reports it was 4 GB free so running out of space does not seem to be the issue. What I suppose may be the happening is that nothing is clearing out the temporary memory as FMG never quits.

Workaround

Sadly for reasons I do not understand the exit application script step only closes the solution with FMG so I cannot program my way around this fault.

Outcomes