program crashes

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 11.03

Operating system version

MAC OS 10.6.5

Description of the issue

the program crashes, when I copy a great number of layoutobjects to insert them in the same layout. restarting the program produces the errormessage, that filesharing is impossible. when starting the .fp7-file I get the message, that I have a problem with the licence-key and the program closes itself.
      normally a restart of the mac is necessary, to start again.

Configuration information

the file is hosted on mac mini with mac os 10.6.5

• 1. Re: program crashes
          philmodjunk

IF you are working with a file that is hosted from a server, the License Key error message after a client crash is a known issue and clears up on its own if you go get a cup of coffee and then come back and try again to open the file.

On the crash itself, does this happen only for a specific file? Only when copying objects from a specific layout or pasting into a specific layout?

If this is specific to a file or layout, then there may be a problem with that specific file or layout. If so, take it or a recent back up copy down off the server and run a recover on it to see if any problems are reported.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.