3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 12:20 PM by TSGal

program crashes when printing from page other than page one

brendam

Summary

program crashes when printing from page other than page one

Description of the issue

I have two work stations and upgraded both to Filemaker Pro 9.0 last summer from version 7.1 and am experiencing problems with the program crashing when printing a job that needs to begin somewhere other than from page one. I downloaded the patch for 9.0v2 that indicated this would fix the problem, but the problem persists. I have tried to print from both work stations, both of which use an HP LaserJet 6MP (old but still working and no newer printer available) as well as our networked photocopier, but the program still crashes regardless. Periodically, I have a long run to print and would prefer to do it in segments in order to catch any problems during the process. Unfortunately, I have to print the entire job at once or not at all because it crashes every time I try to begin the print job if not on page 1. After reviewing other posts from a user with a similar problem, it looks as though the 9.0v3 upgrade doesn't resolve the problem either, so I am reluctant to download something else unless its success is more likely. 

• 1. Re: program crashes when printing from page other than page one
          TSGal

brendam:

Thank you for your post.

Are you running on on Windows or Mac OS?

Can you tell me more about your layout?  That is, how many objects/fields?  What is the height of the layout?  Are there any graphic objects that extend beyond the page break?  Are you using sliding of fields?  Any information to help me replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: program crashes when printing from page other than page one
            brendam

I am using Windows XP Professional.  The two layouts that I'm currently using are laser labels (30/page) and a basic letter. Both layouts do use sliding fields in the address blocks. No graphic objects are in either layout. The layouts being used (and more in this file) have been used for several years with annual revisions, and I've never had this problem until now. The only difference is the upgrade to 9.0 in late spring/early summer.  My student assistant and I have been in and out of this particular file multiple times since classes reconvened at the end of August, but we've not needed to print anything till now.

The knowledge base recommended downloading 9.0v2 to correct, so I tried it but it did nothing to help. 

• 3. Re: program crashes when printing from page other than page one
              TSGal

brendam:

Thank you for the additional information.

Yes, this was corrected in 9.0v2, but since it is still happening to you, there is something else affecting the file.  I would like to see the file (or at least a clone of the file) so I can do some testing here.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.