Summary

Program freezes on load at auto update

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

win7 and xp pro

Description of the issue

After a few weeks of installing filemaker pro 11 on either window7 or xp on a fresh build it will no longer start up.  It freezes on auto updates.  These computers are on a domain and do not have roaming profiles.  All users have Admin rights on their machine.  Now if a new user signs on to that computer and then starts filemaker pro 11 it will work fine for them for a few weeks and then start doing the same thing.  If the user that was having a problem has their profile wiped from the computer in question and then signs back in to create a new profile then filemaker will work again for a few weeks.  That is the work around that is being done but we can no longer take the time to get their data from their profile and wipe it and then created a new profile and then copy back.  We are loosing productivity.

And the problem will go away after a day or 2 and then go back to normal.

This issue is re accruing and i have done all i can here so i ask for you to look into this.

The users could not get this to work yesterday but this morning it is working fine.  We did have them restart several time yesterday and it did not help so having it work today is not due to a restart.  Because it is working today i do not have a screen shot.  What it is,  The splash screen comes up and it says at the bottom auto update but nothing happens.

Steps to reproduce the problem

It seems to be a timing issue for when the auto update seems to lock

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error message appears it just freezes.  On task manager it is not displayed on the applications tab but it will show on the processes tab with memory usage of around 57000 k to 74000 k.  This is the only location that it can be ended.

Configuration information

This is happening to filemaker 9 and 11.

Workaround

Now if a new user signs on to that computer and then starts filemaker pro 11 it will work fine for them for a few weeks and then start doing the same thing.  If the user that was having a problem has their profile wiped from the computer in question and then signs back in to create a new profile then filemaker will work again for a few weeks.

Outcomes