Summary

Progressive backup result includes folder that no longer exists

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows 2008 R2 Sp1

Description of the issue

Progressive backups (every 60 minutes) result folder shows a database (itservice.fmp12) backed up in a subfolder (\progressive\testing) that the subfolder no longer exists in the current database folder structure.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Stop and start Progressive backups.

Expected result

All current databases in \FMS_Data subfolders are backed up hourly to a folder structure that exactly matches the current database folder structure (i.e  \FMS_Data\ADM\itservice.fmp13 is backed up to the \progressive\ADM folder)

Actual result

In the rsulting \progressive folder structure, itservice.fmp12 appears in \progressive\testing folder, not in the \progressive\ADM subfolder.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error.

Configuration information

Progressive backups has been implemented and seem to have beeen working for several months.  A "testing" subfolder was a child of the \FMS_Data database folder structure.  Several weeks ago, while FMS was stopped the itservice.fmp12 database was moved to the \FMS_Data\ADM folder and the \FMS_Data\testing folder was deleted from the database folder structure.  This past Sunday, 17 additional databases were added to the \FMS_DATA database folder structure.  All these new databases appear in the proper subfolders within the \progressive result folder structure.

Workaround

Unknown.

• 1. Re: Progressive backup result includes folder that no longer exists

Fred Marker:

Thank you for the post.

I am not able to replicate by stopping and starting progressive backups. 

How were the folders initially created? Was FileMaker Pro 13 used to upload the files and create the folders?

Did anything change about the folders or directory structure? Were files moved manually? Were any folders deleted after backups completed?

Anything else that may help me replicate?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Progressive backup result includes folder that no longer exists
            fmarker

I have resolved the deleted subfolder in the progressive backup folder by unchecking the progressive backup option, moving the existing subfolders under the progressive backup folder to a different folder, and re-enabling the progressive backups.

This problem is now resolved.