Summary

Pure Virtual Function Call Error

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows XP sp3

Description of the issue

When I go into Layout Mode and attempt to Set Tab Order.  Previous error didn't state the error.  After previous post on this website about Crashes when attempting to set tab order - I opened a previous version of the file and I created a new compacted version of the file.  With the new version of the file, I renamed EVERY button, portal, function, script, and layout to not have spaces, hyphens, AND, &, or () within its name.  Once I renamed the items, I was able to create over 20 new iterations of the solution with progressive, extensive modifications.  Unless I know specifically what a Pure Virtual Function Call refers to OR what the process of SET TAB ORDER does, Im experiencing a time bomb waiting to happen within my system.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Layout Mode.

Layout Menu.

Layout - Set Tab Order.

Expected result

Filemaker #s tabs, buttons, and fields.  Allows me to add/remove items to tab order.

Actual result

FileMaker Crashes.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Pure Virtual Function Call.

Workaround

None.  I'm shooting in the dark reverting to a previous version and recreating fields, layouts, functions, buttons, and scripts.  Eventually the system crashes and then i have to attempt to go back to a previous version.  I create a compacted copy and a clone after every new script or layout created.

pvfc.jpg

Outcomes