1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 12:26 PM by TSGal

Question to Modman

patrick.risch

Summary

Question to Modman

Description of the issue

Hi Modman I am curious.Is it worthwhile to report problems we experience with older FileMaker versions?I mean they are not being supported anymore and I am assume that Filemaker Inc. will not fix any problems with them, or? This forum becomes to clustered with bug reports for old versions. Shouldn't we focus on improving FileMaker 10?Problems with old versions should be reported in the forum "Using FileMaker", should it not? Maybe create a sub-forum for each version in the "Using FileMaker" like:- Using FileMaker Version pre 7- Using FileMaker Version 8 thru 9- Using FileMaker Version 10 This way it will much be easier to keep track of real issues with the current versions. Cheers Patrick 

• 1. Re: Question to Modman
          TSGal

patrick.risch:

Thank you for your post.

Users are not always aware if they have the latest version of FileMaker Pro, or if the problem has been reported.  Also, the user may report a problem in an older version that may very well be new in the latest version.  It is true that we may not fix a problem in an older version, but I don't want to inhibit people from posting.

I have forwarded your suggestion of sub-forums to Modman, and I'm sure he'll take this under consideration.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.