Operating system version

Mac OSX

Description of the issue

Filemaker quits when I turn on IWP

• 1. Re: Quits when IWP is turned on
          TSGal

Brian Burrows:

Thank you for your post.

Does FileMaker Pro quit immediately when you try to turn on Instant Web Publishing?  Does the crash occur a few seconds later?  Are you trying to use a specific port?  Are you running FileMaker Server on the same machine?  ANy other information you can provide will help me narrow the focus for how to proceed.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Quits when IWP is turned on
            BrianBurrows

Sorry my first post was a bit vague.

I am doing this on my ibook, trying to test a few refinements to a solution currently running on the FM server at the school where I work.

It has all the been working before, as the server solution shows.

The crash occurs a few seconds after clicking Ok in the IWP settings diaiogue box.

I have tried ports 80 and 591 with the same affect.

I could do the testing on the server but would prefer to do it "privately" first

• 3. Re: Quits when IWP is turned on
              TSGal

Brian Burrows:

Thanks for the additional information.

Do you have FileMaker Server also running on your iBook?  If so, remove it.

Check to make sure the fmiwp extended privilege is enabled.

If you close this file and open a brand new database file, are you able to start Instant Web Publishing?

What other applications are running concurrently on your iBook?

Are you using FileMaker Pro 11.0v3?  (Although this shouldn't matter which version, you should update to the latest version anyway).

Try removing your web.prefs file.  This is located in the following location:

Hard Disk -> Applications -> FileMaker Pro 11 -> Extensions -> Web Support -> web.prefs

Then, when you try to turn on Instant Web Publishing again, a new file will be created.  This is done in case the web.prefs file is damaged.  If you remove this file, it will take a little longer initially to turn on than usual.

Please continue to keep me updated.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Quits when IWP is turned on
                BrianBurrows
                Hello TSGal The answers to your questions: 1. I have never had server on my macbook 2. fmiwp extended privilege is enabled 3. problem occurs with a new database and with other databases 4. I have quit all other applications 5.I am using 11.0v3 6. I have removed the web.prefs file but this doesn't fix the problem, although a new web.pref file is created with zeroKb Any more ideas? Cheers, Brian B
                • 5. Re: Quits when IWP is turned on
                  TSGal

Brian Burrows:

Thank you for the additional information.

If a new web.prefs file is being created, that is a good sign.  However, the fact that it is zero KB is a concern.

Do you have more than one copy of FileMaker Pro installed on the machine?  Is there a firewall active?  If so, temporarily turn it off and try again.  If you login to a new user account, do you also get the same problem?  Try running Disk Utility (Hard Disk -> Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility), select the hard disk and repair disk permissions.  As a last resort, uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro.

Please continue to keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.