Have you tried making small size changes to the field and then checking them in your web browser? I seem to remember that there are a few issues like this that can be fixed by making such small changes to your layout...
@PhilModJunk -thanks. I had already tried modifying the layout. There was no change in the result. I was experiencing this in 9.0 so I invested the $300 for the upgrade to 11.0v4 but I still have the same issue.
I have examined the resultant HTML and I don't see the other radio buttons in the code either.
it should work as it worked as well under V9...
would You like to get something like this (t looks almost identical as in a FileMaker layout - but iwp needs some adjustements to the layouts and it's browser-dependant)?
Yes, that is what I expected to see.
ok... so, You need to make the field bigger - not just one pixel; maybe the font is too small, too narrow, whatever
welcome to iwp/HTML (-:
Believe me, I have tried all sorts of format changes, layout changes, font changes ... nothing seems to make a difference.
Hmm, I created a new database with similar fields. That works in iwp.
It seems something in the old database is messing with the ability to properly display the radio buttons (I also tried them as check boxes too -same result)
My dilema will be to recreate the database clean -import the data and then recreate all the different layouts I had.
Is your value list a custom value list (type the values into Manage value lists) or a conditional value list (relationship controls what values appear in value list)?
@PhilModJunk the values come from custom value lists. I have modified them as well trying to see if there is some relationship between them being displayed in iwp and not. One of the values is just a space (for resetting the field). I have removed that from the list -no change.
I figured it out and it is really weird.
I created a whole new database, recreating every field. I then exported the data from the original databse and then imported it to the new. Because it was a new database I had to create my users again. That was my aha moment. As I created the users I would check their login and sure enough they worked properly -the radio buttons behaved as expected. Then I created my "test" account and assigned it as a "web access" user. When I tried to check that login ... the radio buttons didn't work. My other users are "data entry only" and they work properly.
I went back to my original database and checked my "data entry only" users -they were working!
So, in summary, a "web access" user will not get radio buttons that display properly while "data entry only" users get radio buttons that work. I find this truly odd behavior. Since the web access user can modify content the radio buttons should all display not just the current selection.
Thanks all for your help!
Thank you for your posts, and I apologize for the late reply.
I have sent your posts to our Development and Testing departments for an explanation of this behavior. When I receive an answer, I will let you know.