Radio buttons do not respond to vertical alignment settings in Inspector

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12 and 13

Operating system version

OS X 10.8.5

Description of the issue

Trying to line up radio button set for centered vertical alignment.  Text and radio buttons in field do not move when different vertical alignment is selected in the Appearance tab in the inspector

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create field with a menu for a radio button setup.  Put field on a layout setup as a radio button.  Select the different options for vertical alignment.  Text and buttons don't shift the way a text box does.

Expected result

text and buttons should shift vertically the way a text box does.

Actual result

No movement

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No message

Configuration information

Standard install of FileMaker Pro or Pro advanced

Workaround

Make the field smaller vertically,  remove borders.  Move the field up or down to line up with other fields in the row.

alignment.jpg

• 1. Re: Radio buttons do not respond to vertical alignment settings in Inspector
          TSGal

bherbac:

Thank you for your post.

Fields formatted as either checkboxes or radio buttons are always formatted for left horizontal alignment and top vertical alignment.  This has always occurred for all versions of FileMaker Pro.  With that said, I could not find this information in our documentation, so I have sent a message to our Documentation department to include this in future documentation, and I have also sent this information to our Testing and Documentation departments as both a Feature Request to implement this in a future release, and as an issue to make sure the Alignment icons are grayed out so that it cannot be changed.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

I also recommend that you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form are monitored and read by Development and Product Management.  Each entry is read, discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Radio buttons do not respond to vertical alignment settings in Inspector
            TSGal

bherbac:

Our Testing department has confirmed this is not documented properly, and it has been forwarded to our Documentation department.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.