AnsweredAssumed Answered

Random crashes i Filemaker 9.0v3 - mostly when printing

Question asked by SweBigmac on Apr 15, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2010 by TSGal

Summary

Random crashes i Filemaker 9.0v3 - mostly when printing

Description of the issue

Hi.I'm experiencing severe crash-rates on 2 of our work stations. We run Windows XP sp3 w. Filemaker 9.0v3 and on the server we use Filemaker Server 9.0.3.xxx. We are printing to a HP Laserjet 4250 Pcl 5e. Here's our issues: Filemaker can crash when:Scrolling through records - boom - gone (sometimes)Entering data in a normal text field (sometimes)Printing (using the script that I've made) (many times a day)Just letting the application sit idle in the backround (has happened a couple of times.) Filemaker crashes with the following report:Faulting application filemaker pro.exe version 9.0.3.300, faulting module ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.5512 fault address 0x0001070fThis is the most common, but it also crashes w. msvcr80.dll, hbam.dll, omniorb4.dll, xdraw.dll. Also recieved a different error yesterday: The application, C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 9\FileMaker Pro.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/14/2009 @ 11:49:59.380 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 018E5278 (XDraw!XGDIplusAccess__RestoreGraphicsState)  Since yesterday, Filemaker has crashed >15 times. Very frustrating. I did a clean reinstall of the XP 3 weeks ago, no difference. Im running no special software, no virus stuff, not surfing any strange homepages. Just doing my business. Why is this????? btw: it worked great in fmpro 7 we were running earlier. 

Outcomes