Crispin

Summary

Random FMP crashes when connected to remote FMS server

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I am running 11 and 12 on my laptop. They are connected to two servers addressed by IP. The IP addresses only differ in the last digit and the machines are in the same remote rack. I am experiencing 12 crashing out with a lost connection message every so often as if there has been a break in connection. 11 keeps running (except if there is a break ;-(  
      Looking at the 12 control panel others remain connected to the same file. It seems as if 12 is prone to this if it is not the forward application but there may be other factors.

I would be interested to hear if others are experiencing this.

• 1. Re: Random FMP crashes when connected to remote FMS server
          james_quiggins

Hello Crispin:

Thank you for posting.

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing this loss in connectivity? 

When you say you look in the 12 control panel do you mean the admin console? 

From what I understand you are saying other clients can remain connected to the 12 server but you can not. Are the other clients connecting to the same database? Are you connecting via a different privilege set then others?

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 2. Re: Random FMP crashes when connected to remote FMS server
            Crispin

I reported this 25 May. Is it a coincidence I was asked the question only on July 13 a few hours after FM released 12.02 with fixes to crashes on value lists with both fields showing?

Yes I did mean the admin console

The files were generally different. My point was there was clearly no general loss of connectivity between the server and the world.

Since 12.02 I have experienced far fewer disconnections/crashes

• 3. Re: Random FMP crashes when connected to remote FMS server
              james_quiggins

Hello Crispin:

Thank you for posting.

It is a coincidence, but not intentional.  It is good to hear that you are experiencing increased stability with v2. 

The reason I asked about different privilege sets is I wanted to ensure that you are not connecting via a different privilege set that has 'Disconnect user from FileMaker Server when idle' selected.

Are you receiving any type of error message when you get the disconnect/crash?

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.