Rebuilding run-time solution gets "Unknown Error: 20412."

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP Advanced 11.0v2

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.6

Description of the issue

After updating a FileMaker solution, I usually rebuild the run-time version into the same folder as the previous version to avoid having to populate that folder with support files, e.g., copy 3rd party plug-ins into the Extensions folder.

I just had a rebuild fail near the end with a mysterious error I've never seen before:

"Unknown Error: 20412."

A second rebuild failed with the same error.

Deleting the old run-time folder resolved the error.  My guess is FMP Advanced 11 was unhappy overwriting a run-time solution built by FMP Advanced 10.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I'm uncertain how to recreate this problem because I'm sure FMP Advanced 11 has successfully overwritten other run-time folders created by FMP Advanced 10.

Expected result

Replace the old run-time solution with a new one.

Actual result

(see Description)

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"Unknown Error: 20412."

Workaround

Delete the old run-time destination folder, forcing FileMaker to create a new, empty folder.

• 1. Re: Rebuilding run-time solution gets "Unknown Error: 20412."
          TSGal

Ward:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  I created a RunTime solution using FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 under Mac OS X 10.6.6.  I then created the same RunTime solution using FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.0v3 under Mac OS X 10.6.6, and the application successfully overwrote the previous RunTime folder.  As you mentioned, all your other solutions overwrote the old solution properly.

Error 20412 usually refers to incomplete files being copied, so there may be something about your one solution FileMaker doesn't recognize.  In any case, the removal of the old solution prior to creating the new solution appears to work.  Let me know if you want me to pursue this further.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Rebuilding run-time solution gets "Unknown Error: 20412."
            Ward

Thanks, TSGal, for attempting to reproduce this problem and for providing detail for Error 20412.

This problem has not recurred since my original post.  Let's hope that continues.

I opened this thread (1) in case others encountered the problem and (2) to let the FileMaker team know it happened.

-- Ward