1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 4:16 PM by philmodjunk

Recent Problem with FM 10 Quitting on Win XP?

hschlossberg

Summary

Recent Problem with FM 10 Quitting on Win XP?

Description of the issue

Has anyone else seen a problem recently (in the past 2-3 weeks) while running FM 10v3 on a Windows XP machine, where it is prone to the app suddenly closing?   if so, have you noticed a pattern of it being tied to the opening of new windows, or an inability to open new windows in other apps while FM 10 is open?  I thought it was just me until a client called today with the same issue, same version, same OS.  Perhaps it is a problem caused by a Windows update?  Uninstalling and reinstalling FM10 seems to have fixed it for me, but I thought it odd that a client would call with the same exact problem. 

• 1. Re: Recent Problem with FM 10 Quitting on Win XP?
          philmodjunk

This has happened to me twice on my development machine. Re-installing the application fixed the problem. It's like Windows runs out of space to manage windows. Closing a few windows (Didn't matter what application had the windows open) would often enable me to keep working.

What finally clued me in to it being filemaker, was the inability to open two versions of filemaker at the same time.