Record Locking WIthout any user connected cannot be resolved

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

13v5

Operating system version

Windows 2012 Server Professional 64 bit

Description of the issue

I run thru a script with the debugger and got to a point where a find was involved - the find never stopped (this only happens via debugger) - data viewer was on second tab - no SQL query there on open records - so i disconnected the client via admin console but the open record that client had opened never closed on the server - not even after the disconnect timeout from server - no access reported - no user at all on server

Steps to reproduce the problem

run debugger thru a script where a record is opened in one window then in another opened window a find is involved and data viewer opened second tab - if perform find with cancel option is displayed disconnect client after cancel is ignored and find never proceeds via admin console.

Expected result

if client is disconnected thru admin console - record should not be locked by this user anymore - user also gets signed out in admin console - no display of this user - but attempt to edit that opened record gives error message that the record is still open by the disconnected user.

Actual result

record is locked - even no one has access to entire server

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

error 301 if scripted - or dialog box: Userx is modifying this record ..

Configuration information

the server is a 8 core 2.4 GHz Intel Atom 2750 with 8 GB RAM and 2 TB Server Hard Drives running Windows 2012 Server 64 bit Standard -
      the load is not high - 2 files one 5 MB - the other 2.2 GB

Workaround

restart of server

• 1. Re: Record Locking WIthout any user connected cannot be resolved
          FileKraft

so i had no choice after waiting 8 hours if maybe the record lock might time out - i tried to close the file on the server - which took long but seamed to have worked - because the file showed up as closed - then tried to reopen the file from the admin console and i got an error that the file is already used by another application so i shut down filemaker server service in windows and rebooted the machine. when it reopened automatically it gave me error 194 that the file hasn't been closed property before.

now all is back to normal and the record can be used again - also fmVis reported no problems found.